Today I carried on in the studio. I washed and worked over some pieces I did yesterday.
This piece was a response to the pastel drawing I did the other week. I experimented with leaving creases in it making it an odd shape, I hope you can make them out in the photos. The problem with this is it would be very difficult to find a way to display the work. I don’t feel that I have got my colours right today, they look too garish, I will take more time to mix a new set of subtler colours.
Again I was working on 4 pieces at once, if I had more room it would be much more. I also explored the qualities of Manutex (a dye thickener made from seaweed) as a resist which I haven’t tried before; I don’t know the results of this yet as I am waiting for the samples to dry before being washed.
I worked with my music on today which I find really helps to free my mind in a similar way to the automatic drawing of the surrealists.