I have spent a large part of the day producing new work and also reworking some pieces I produced last week to strengthen the compositions.
This piece is on silk and over a metre long. I used the seaweed based manutex as a resist. Some dye powder accidentally got into the manutex and produced a speckled effect which I liked and may experiment with again.
This piece is slightly smaller and on a silk viscose mix fabric. It has been through many different stages, sometimes it is hard to know when a piece is finished! I initially wanted the orange to be much brighter producing more of a glow but actually the more subtle effect I achieved has a sultry quality that satisfied me.
The above piece is on linen using a lighter softer palette. Again it is just ove a metre long. It has been painted with dye then folded and dried in the heat press. I have decided to leave the creases in to add interest and texture.