The last few days have been spent organising the housekeeping for the final exhibition and hand in.
The critical reflection is finally finished, I found this the most challenging part of the module.
A photographer friend took brilliant photographs of all my work and put files in different formats for publicity etc.
I selected five photographs of details of my work and took them to the printers, I have ordered 10 x A5 postcards of each image.
The precise to Module 5 is in progress and I hope to have it finished by the weekend.
I have ironed all the fabrics so they are neat, I decided to fold over the edges so that the works look more like paintings than textile pieces.
I worked on one last piece this afternoon, after reviewing my work yesterday I wanted to produce something even more extreme in colour, with real impact. It is inspired also by my digital drawings, the new larger phone I have makes the drawings so vibrant and is even more pleasurable to work on. I notice haw much my colour pallet has shifted from work produced only a few months ago. I have become much more confident with the media and my approach to application of dye. Here my chosen fabric was the silk/linen mix and I worked on wet fabric to assist the blurring of the colours.
I have devised a method of hanging my work that will be totally unobtrusive. I will roll and secure each end around hollow plastic piping. This will be cut exactly to the length of the fabric. I will then thread fishing wire through the tube. The fishing wire will be secured to tiny pins nailed to the top of the display board and as near to the floor as possible at the bottom. I hope that this will hold the fabrics taut and flat so they don’t flap around. I am worried about how they will look as a coherent selection of work and wonder of I will be disappointed. I would love to see them with fresh eyes.
All being well I will hang my work on Monday. I printed out photographs of all the final pieces so that I could see then all together without having to unroll and manhandle the large work. This helped me to see which pieces will work together for the exhibition and which I will reject. Below are some images taken when the whole MA group got together to review tha foyer space and discuss how it would best be used to accommodate everyone happily. I am holding a piece of work against my space to get an idea of scale and how many pieces I will be able to fit in it.
I am having a slide show put together of all my digital drawings in a loop. This will be displayed on a computer screen near my fabric work.
My blog has been printed ready for hand in but I need to take all my written work to be bound first.
And finally I booked a holiday ………………………………………………. !